New collection agreement: Additional field photography of Tibetan, Chinese, and Indian monuments and architecture by Rob Linrothe
April 11, 2011
ARTstor is collaborating with Rob Linrothe to share an additional 3,000 images of Tibetan, Chinese, and Indian monuments and architecture in the Digital Library. The new images join the collection of Linrothe's more than 1,000 images of field photography of art, architecture, and monuments in Tibet, China, India, and Indonesia. The collection has a strong focus on Tibetan sites, particularly petroglyphs, stupas, and monasteries in the Ladakh and Zangskar regions. Linrothe has also photographed the architecture and sculpture of monuments such as Borobudur in Indonesia and Sanchi in India.
View the collection in the Digital Library: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/linrothe
For more detailed information about this collection, visit Rob Linrothe: Tibetan and Buddhist Art collection page.
- Huntington Archive of Asian Art
- Mellon International Dunhuang Archive
- Shuilu'an Temple (Northwestern University)
- Cave Temples at Ellora, India (Deepanjana Danda Klein and Arno Klein)
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia (Cornell University Library)
- Strom Archive of the Art and Architecture of Korean Buddhist Monasteries (Carl and Jennifer Strom)
Old palace (where Csoma de Koros stayed in early 19th c.), Zangla. Zangskar. Image and original data from Skidmore College, © Rob Linrothe.